The history of the Educational and Scientific Institute of Social-Pedagogical and Artistic Education is the history of two faculties – the Social-Humanitarian and the Faculty of Arts, which until the unification in 2013 worked separately.
Since June 06, 1985, in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Higher Education and the Ministry of Education of the USSR dated 29.12.1984, No. 418/413, at Melitopol State Pedagogical Institute in connection with the reorganization of Zaporizhzhia State Pedagogical Institute to Zaporizhzhia State University, the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy starts functioning (at Zaporizhzhia State Pedagogical Institute the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy has been working since 1962). Until April 2004, the faculty was headed by the Honored Worker of Arts of Ukraine, Professor Victor Nikolayevich Ovod. Together with the students of the faculty experienced teachers Yu.O. Alekseiev, Yu.M. Bai, T.V. Hordeicheva, O. Hordeichev, O.H. Volkov, H.I Padalko moved from Zaporizhzhia to Melitopol. Together with them, young specialists, graduates of conservatories, pedagogical institutes M.V. Biletska, I.P. Bobakova, T.V. Bohovina, N.V. Veprytska, K. Horbikova, M.O. Horela, O.I. Demianenko, I.M. Nazarenko, I.V. Polibina, O.O. Popova, I.H. Prosianikova, O.V. Stotyka, V.Ia. Reva, O.V. Fedorova and others became the new teaching staff of the faculty.
As of September 1, 1985, in the structure of the faculty there were two departments:
- Methodology of Musical Education, Conducting and Voice-setting;
- The Theory and History of Music and Playing Musical Instruments.
In Melitopol, the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy has been located in a three-storeyed historically well-known house of the merchant Aderovich at 67, O. Nevskogo Street. To make this building more suitable for training future specialists of musical art, it had been reconstructing for almost half of a year.
In 1990, the Order No-01-02 dated 02.01.2002, at Melitopol State Pedagogical Institute, in the course of the reorganization of the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Geography, the Faculty of Natural History and Philology was founded. The faculty was headed by an experienced educator, scientist, organizer, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Assistant Professor Ivan Okhrimovich Steshko. Teachers of the Faculty T.V Zabroda., K.M. Loboda, A.E. Merzlikin, V.V. Molodichenko, O.M. Sokolova, M.O. Surkov, I.P. Tysyachnyuk, O.F. Khristova and others carried out training in the specialties “Geography and Language & Literature”, “Biology and Language & Literature”, “Geography and Physical Education”.
Interestingly, the educational building No. 4 was built at the end of the 19th century. Its owner was a merchant Lityagin, and therefore the house together with the surrounding buildings was called Litiagin manufactory rows. Something like a modern supermarket, where you could buy everything from needles with threads to horse harnesses.
After the Great Patriotic War, the second floor was completed and the house was transferred to Melitopol Clothing Factory. After the factory had moved to its current building, this house gradually decayed.
But thanks to the request of the rector Ivan Nikiforovich Totskyi the building at 19, K. Marx Street (now M. Grushevsky Street) was transferred to the balance of Melitopol State Pedagogical Institute. The house was practically restored from the ruins. The former garment factory gradually turned into an educational building No 4 of the Melitopol State Pedagogical Institute. There were bright audiences, laboratories, departments there.
As of January 1, 1992, in the structure of the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy there were already five departments:
- Playing for Orchestra Instruments;
- Piano Playing;
- Choral Conducting;
- Music Theories and History;
- Methodology of Musical Education and Voice Production.
In the same year, the first foreign tour of the folk instrument orchestra under the direction of Professor V.M. Ovod and Associate Professor Yu.M. Bai was conducted to the international festival “Fanfare without Borders” in the city of Villefranche de Rouerg (France). This first tour was the start of international recognition of the Melitopol State Pedagogical Institute’s folk instrument orchestra, which repeatedly participated in various musical forums – 1996 – in Mazamé (France); 1997 – Castellón de la Plana (Spain); 1999 – Valenciennes, Bride (France); 2001 – Montrejo (France).
In 1993 (the order dated August 31, 1993, No. 52-02), the Faculty of Natural History and Philology in connection with the opening of the Philological Faculty was renamed to the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Humanities.
The faculty not only changed names, but also strengthened its material and technical base, increasing the number of specialties. Thus, by the order No. 38-02 dated 19.04.1996, the Department of Preschool Education was organized, on 04.09.1996 (order No. 94-04) it got the name of the Department of Theory and Methodology of Preschool Education and became a degree department for the training graduates in the specialty “Preschool Education”.
Since 1995 the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy has been recruiting students in the specialty “Music and Elementary Education”.
During the 1995-1996 academic year, the Dean of Faculty of Natural Sciences and Humanities was a Candidate of Sciences, Associate Professor Vladimir Nikolayevich Dyatlov.
In 1996, a Candidate of Sciences, Associate Professor Valentin Viktorovich Molodichenko was appointed the dean of the faculty and directed it until September 2003.
1997 was significant for the development of the faculty.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine approved new specialties for university entrants in 1997, the Order dated 01.29.1997, No. 39-02, and the Faculty of Humanities was renamed into the Faculty of Social and Humanitarian Sciences.
In the same year by the Order dated 28.05.1997, No 50-02, the specialty “Practical Psychology” was opened at the Institute, so the Department of Psychology was renamed into the Department of General and Practical Psychology.
In connection with the opening of the specialty “Elementary Education and Foreign Language and Literature” by order dated 29.08.1997, No 71-02, the Department of Theory and Methodology of Preschool Education was renamed into the Department of Theory and Methodology of Elementary Education and Preschool Education.
In 1999, at the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy started the tradition of the annual All-Ukrainian, and since 2000 – the International Festival of Slavic Piano Music, which was held until 2011 and united creative talent youth from Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Poland, China.
Since 2001, at the Faculty of Social and Humanitarian Sciences there is a unique experimental class in Ukraine. It functions at the university’s teaching laboratory and introduces author’s developments of teachers, conducts educational and industrial practices of students, scientific researches in psychological and pedagogical direction.
In 2002, a separate structural unit – the Department of Practical Psychology – was chaired by the Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor Galina Vasilyevna Markovets. In the same year the general university department of General Psychology was founded. It was headed by the Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor Larisa Panteleivna Dobrovolska.
Since 2002, the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy has been recruiting students in the specialty “Music and Art Culture” and “Music and Practical Psychology”.
In 2003, the Master’s degree in the specialty 8.02020401 “Music Art” was licensed, and in 2004 the specialty 6.020202 “Choreography” was licensed.
From October till December 2003, the dean of the Faculty of Social and Humanitarian Sciences was a Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor Olga Alexandrovna Funtikova.
In January 2004, a Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor Olena Vasilyevna Fedorova was appointed the dean of the Faculty of Social and Humanitarian Sciences. In the same year, the specialty 6.010106 “Social pedagogy” was licensed.
From April to August 2004, a Candidate of Art Studies, Professor Yuri Nikolaevich Bai was the Dean of the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy.
By the order No. 160-02 dated 26.08.2004, the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy was renamed to the Faculty of Arts and Art Education, and the Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor S. O. Ferus was appointed the dean of the faculty.
In the same year the Intradepartmental Laboratory of Music and Performing Arts was established by the order of the rector dated 09.07.2004, it was headed by Associate Professor S.O. Feruz.
In 2007, the Department of Social and Humanitarian Sciences opened a Cabinet of Pedagogical and Psychological Counseling, whose priority areas of activity were to preserve psychological health and create a positive psychological climate in student’s collectives.
In 2011, at the Faculty of Music and Pedagogy, the specialty “Music Art” with the additional specialties “Art Culture”, “Direction of educational school activities”, “Choreography” for the educational-qualifying levels of bachelor, specialist and master’s degree were accredited.
In 2013, according to the order No 231-01 dated August 30, 2013 “On the organization of teaching-educational and scientific work at the MSPU named after Bogdan Khmelnytsky”, the Educational and Scientific Institute of Social-Pedagogical and Artistic Education was established on the basis of the eliminated faculties: the Faculty of Social and Humanitarian Sciences and the Faculty of Art Education (hereinafter NNISPMO). A Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor Olena Vasilievna Fedorova was appointed the director of the NNISPPO.
For today NNISPMPO prepares future specialists in 6 specialties: “Preschool Education” (additional specialties: “Primary Education” and “Speech Therapy”), “Primary Education” (additional specialties: “Language and Literature” and “Christian Ethics”), “Psychology”, “Social work” (additional specialization “Social pedagogy”), “Musical Art” (additional specialties: “Variety Singing” and “Art Culture”), “Choreography”.
Today, the educational process in NNISPMPO is carried out by 7 departments.
- Social Work, Social Pedagogy and Preschool Education (Head – the Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor Lyudmila Yuriivna Moskalova);
- Elementary Education, which includes a section on Foreign Languages (Head – the Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor Tanita Ivanivna Lorena);
- Psychology (Head – the Doctor of Psychological Sciences, Professor Vladimir Iosifovich Bochelyuk);
- Instrumental Performances and Musical Art of Stage Music (Head – the Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor Marina Valentinivna Biletskaya);
- Theory and Methodology of Musical Education and Choreography (Head – the Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor Natalia Anatolievna Segeda).
- English Language (Head – the Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor Yevhen Mykhailovych Muzia);
- Philosophy (Head – the Doctor of Philosophical Sciences, Professor Roman Ivanovych Oleksenko).
At the Educational and Scientific Institute of Social-Pedagogical and Artistic Education there are:
- Scientific-research Laboratory of Spiritual and Moral Education of the Institute of Spiritual Development of the person of East-Ukrainian National University named after V. Daly and Melitopol State Pedagogical University named after Bohdan Khmelnytskyi (Head – Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor Lyudmila Yuriivna Moskalova);
- Center for Correction-Developing Technologies for preschool and junior schoolchildren (Leaders – Candidates of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professors Larysa Stanislavivna Zhuravleva and Julia Mikhailivna Shevchenko);
- Student Scientific Laboratory “Ecological Education for Sustainable Development” (Leader – Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor Valentina Dmitrievna Melash);
- Interdepartmental Scientific and Practical Laboratory of Artistic Performance and Pedagogical Self-Realization of the Teacher of Art and Choreography (Head – Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor Natalia Anatolievna Segeda);
- Psychological Center (Leader – Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor Natalia Mikolaevna Falko).
The Institute cares about the professional training of its staff. Today among the teachers of the Educational and Scientific Institute of Social-Pedagogical and Artistic Education are graduates of the Institute of the previous years:
- Doctors of sciences, Professors: V.V. Molodychenko, Yu Moskalova., N.A. Segeda
- Candidates of Sciences, Associate Professors: K.S. Averina, D.V. Aleksandrov, O. M. Antonenko, M.V. Biletska, O.A. Goncharova, V.V. Guz, N.V. Guz, G.V. Ermak, O.V. Kanarova, L. M. Kobylnik, L. M. Kotova, O. V. Kochkova, A.V. Maslova, G. S. Milchevska, N. A. Molodichenko, E.M. Musia, I.M. Nazarenko, O.O. Prokofiev, Y.V. Sopina, G.G. Taranenko, N.M. Falko, M.P. Fedorov, L.M. Fedorova, O.V.Fedorova, O.V. Tsarkova, L.M. Chervonska, Yu.V. Shevchenko, S.V. Shevchenko, I.O. Yakovenko
- Senior lecturers: B. Varina, N.V. Vakhniak, E.A. Vlasenko, S.S. Zheynova, T.V. Katkova, S.S. Kirsanova, N.O. Kazmina, T. O. Pidvarkogo.
- Teachers: T. A. Demyanenko , A.A. Denisenko , L. E. Ereimina , Yu.O. Saenko , S. B. Brezhneva , S. S. Lazarenko .
- Concertmasters: G.F. Vrubel, Yu.V. Kovalenko, L.G. Kolonina, O.V. Pereverzeva, I.V. Savluk, O.A. Ryshkevich, Yu.T. Kharchenko
- Laboratory assistants: M.V. Vasina, L.I. Maltseva, I.G. Kalyuzhna, K.V. Kurnosova, D.I. Pizhik, S.D. Tsiomashko , O. V. Shershnyova
- Assistant Director of the Institute – Yu.N. Volkova.
The pride of NNISPMO is family dynasties:
- Valentyn Mykolaiovych Aleksandrov, Halyna Ivanivna Aleksandrova, Denys Valentynovych Aleksandrov;
- Oleksandr Hryhorovych Volkov, Vira Andriivna Volkova;
- Volodymyr Vasylovych Huz, Nataliia Vasylivna Huz;
- Stanislav Mykolaiovych Zabroda, Tetiana Viktorivna Zabroda, Svitlana Stanislavivna Kirsanova;
- Valentyn Viktorovych Molodychenko and Nataliia Alimdzhanivna Molodychenko;
- Mykola Pateliiovych Fedorov, Olena Vasylivna Fedorova, Lidiia Mykolaivna Fedorova.
So, as history shows, during its existence, two faculties turned into an important and well-known educational and scientific center, becoming a real school of professional and civil training for hundreds of young professionals. Many of them successfully work in a chosen specialty, are engaged in scientific work, make their contribution to the development of the social and humanitarian sphere of the Ukrainian state.
The Institute not only teaches, develops international scientific and educational mobility of teachers and students, but also ensures student competitiveness on the labour market. The Institute gave a start in life for almost two thousands of its students, having equipped them with modern fundamental knowledge, commitment to creativity, active social position.